Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bulk Pancake Mix

This is another great recipe I got from the Simple Savings forum. It has been so versatile and I use it all the time for pancakes, pikelets, crepes, fritters, etc. No need to ever buy "Shake'n'Pour" batter mixes (not that I ever have).

Wholemeal Apple & Cinnamon pikelets
Bulk Pancake Mix
6 cups plain flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk powder
3 tablespoons sugar

Method:

Mix together the following lightly:

1 1/2 cups pancake mix
3/4 cup water
1 egg
2 tablespoons oil

I sometimes use Self Raising flour instead of the plain flour and baking powder. I normally don't add sugar to the bulk mix allowing me to use it for savoury dishes but instead add the sugar to the batter if I'm making sweet. This is also a good gift to give. Just make up the bulk mix, store in a nice jar or container and add instructions to make up on a label.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...