Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Christmas Fruit Cake Truffles


I don't make a fruit cake for Christmas. If I did, I'd look like one by the time I finished eating it all on my own. I sometimes buy the Lions Christmas Cake or my Mum will be given one as a present and passes a bit onto me. As much as I love a piece of fruit cake with a cup of tea, I'm not a big fan. I usually make it into truffles just by mixing with melted chocolate and a little butter. You can do this with any leftover cake and mix any kind of chocolate, dried fruit or nuts into the mix. Great for Christmas presents. At least my husband and son will eat these.

 

Christmas Fruit Cake Truffles

Leftover fruit cake (I had half of a small cake)
200gm good quality dark chocolate
1 tbs butter
Extra melted chocolate to top

Crumble fruit cake. Melt chocolate and add butter. Mix into crumbled cake. Put in fridge to harden for about 30 mins. Form into 1" balls. Top with melted chocolate or ganache (which is what I used) and cachous, sprinkles, chopped nuts. You can add a nip of your favourite liqueur if they're for adults only. Keep refrigerated.

Makes 20 truffles.



(This blog post was originally posted on 10 January 2011.)

1 comment:

  1. Anne, your Christmas Truffles look amazing, they would be delicious! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great day and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.