Tuesday, January 18, 2011

No Bake Chocolate Caramel Slice

What started out as a Honey Nut Bar then a Marbled Marshmallow Slice today, turned into a No Bake Chocolate Caramel Slice. I found I couldn't substitute enough ingredients for the Honey Nut bar and my marshmallow wouldn't whip up so it finished up down the sink. I had already made the base and had a can of condensed milk in the cupboard so Chocolate Caramel Slice it was.

You can make the traditional shortbread base but I prefer the biscuit crumb and butter base for the No Bake element.

No Bake Chocolate Caramel Slice

1 packet Arnotts Chocolate Ripple Biscuits, crushed (or 1.3/4 cups of biscuit crumbs)
125gm butter, melted
1 tbs walnuts, chopped

Caramel Topping
395gm can condensed milk
60gm butter
2 tbs golden syrup

melted chocolate to top

Crush biscuits into fine crumbs, add melted butter and press into a slice tin. Refrigerate.

Mix caramel topping ingredients into a saucepan and stir on a medium heat for approx 8 minutes or until caramel has turned a golden colour. Allow to cool and pour onto refrigerated biscuit base. Drizzle with melted chocolate and store in fridge.

Maybe I'll get back to that Honey Nut Bar and Marbled Marshmallow Slice next time.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love a good caramel slice. I actually made my first real one yesterday. And no baking? Love it. I will be tabbing this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH this looks delicious too!! You are quite the baker. Easy quick recipes are my style

    -Follwing your fun blog :)

    -Lindsay
    Delighted Momma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...