Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thai Beef Salad


After a very warm day and not getting home from being at Mum's all day this Australia Day, I threw together this Thai Beef Salad based on a recipe from Taste.com with what I had on hand. I could also add this to this fortnight's Cooking Challenge with a 'citrus' theme, if you count the lime juice.

Thai Beef Salad

1 piece of rump steak
1 1/2 tbs lime juice
1 tbs brown sugar
1 tbs fish sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp ground ginger
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 baby cos lettuce
Baby Roma Tomatoes
1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced diagonally
3 spring onions
2 tbs hot chilli sauce
1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked, large leaves torn
1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked

Mix lime juice, sugar, fish sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Marinade steak in half of this mixture for at least 2 hours. Pan fry steak. Mix salad ingredients and toss through remaining marinade mixture. Slice steak and toss through salad.

Serves 2.

2 comments:

  1. Thats dressing sounds like the business. Mine was just basic Teryaki, and though nice, lacked the 4 taste sensations - sweet, sour, salt and whatever the other one is. Going to do this next time I get stuck into a beef salad. Thanks Anne, you goddam gorgeous Sheila, you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne this is a great idea, I have been looking this week for more recipes including limes as they look so delicious in the shop, I need an excuse to buy them. I had some leftover mint as well from a recipe last week. This is another one that my Other Half will gladly eat, so thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...