Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Where does the day go?



Where does my day go? I'd like to know. If anyone finds it, could you please send it back to me?


It usually starts anywhere between 6:00am and 7:00am, Monday to Friday. First job is coffee or tea, then get the kids up for breakfast, dressed for school and Kindergarten, pack lunch boxes (if it hasn't been done the night before - I usually make a week's worth of sandwiches and freeze them - one less step and we're out the door by 8:00am.


Monday's I come home and do the housework. Tuesday's, these last couple of weeks, I have been helping out at my daughter's school with various activities and Wednesday, is supposedly "Decluttering Day" and I expect this format to last until, at least, the end of this year because, boy, do I have a lot of decluttering to do. I want to go through each cupboard in each room and get rid of it all. I'm not putting myself under too much pressure though. It's not like it's going anywhere. It'll be here, week in, week out, waiting for me.

Today is the perfect example of no decluttering being done. I went straight from school drop off to the library to return some books (and get some more - my kids are right into jokes at the moment and I really needed to get a joke book because their jokes were so lame. For example, my daughter's joke this morning. "Why did the potato cross the road? Because it forgot it's underwear!!!!" So lame but she thought it was hilarious. By the time I had a good browse around the library, a quick look through the shops and put some winter clothes (on sale) on layby for my daughter, it was 10:30am by the time I got home.

Phoned my Mother then and an hour later, it was lunch time! Managed to get a load of washing done and that's about it. So I'm "outta time" for today to get any decluttering done but no worry. It'll be there next week for me to do. (I so love my time on my own to browse the library and the shops without any kids in tow. Does that make me a bad Mum? No. Makes me a relaxed one and one that can tackle what the rest of the day throws at me when I have to leave the house at 2:30pm to collect the rascals!



2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I'd like to present you with One Lovely Blog award.

    The requirements of accepting this award are as follows:

    1. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award.
    2. You have to tell seven facts about yourself that others might not know.
    3. Pass the awards along to as many as fifteen blogs you have found recently.
    4. Notify the bloggers of their awards.

    You can find the award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Tubbah! That's very kind of you. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.