Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Corn Meat Fritters


I think my Mum still cooks for five sometimes as she always buys large pieces of meat to cook up and then has way too much meat just for her and my sister (my youngest sister lives with Mum). She had cooked up a large piece of corn meat and gave us half. I decided to use up half straight away for sandwiches and froze the other half.

I found that last little half in the freezer today and thought I'd make up a batch of corn meat fritters for lunch. They are a lovely memory from my childhood. Mum always used to make them with leftover roast meat, corn, grated vegies or whatever else just seemed to be lying around.

Corn Meat Fritters

Leftover corn meat, chopped finely
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup Self Raising flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 small egg
1 cup milk
oil for frying

Mix all together and drop spoonfuls in a shallow pan of heated oil. (Note: Don't have the oil too hot as they will cook too quickly on the outside and not cook on the inside.) Cook on both sides and drain on paper towel. Sprinkle with salt to serve.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, I love fritters but we rarely have corn meat left over lol.
    I will put some aside next time to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love corn fritters. What a great recipe!

    My sisters and I just started our first themed blog hop over at http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com beginning tomorrow. This weeks theme is appetizers. We would love for you to come over and share these or any of your favorite appetizer recipes with our blog readers. Have a great weekend.

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.