Thursday, April 28, 2011

Creamy Potato & Bacon Soup


What a miserable old rainy day it was today. I wanted to just use what I had and I had bacon defrosted from making the pies the night before and felt like a hearty thick soup. I have a lot of potatoes so potato and bacon soup it was.

Creamy Potato & Bacon Soup

3 medium sized potatoes, peeled and chopped
3 bacon rashers, chopped finely
2 small or 1 large onion, chopped finely
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups milk
2 tbs plain flour
salt and pepper
olive oil

Fry onions and bacon in a small amount of olive oil. Add potatoes and cover with 2 cups of chicken stock. Boil under potatoes are tender. Add pepper and adjust salt, if required. Mash with a potato masher to your desired consistency, ie leave course for a chunkier soup or mash more until a smooth consistency. Blend 2 tbs plain flour with half a cup of milk to a smooth paste, top up milk to one cup, add to soup and add a further cup of milk. Stir until thickened. Serve with crusty bread.

2 comments:

  1. Bacon...mmm. I got some cheddar and bacon bagels for Scott today. :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made this soup last night and it was a HIT! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...