Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday's "Good" Lunch


Having a seafood lunch has become a bit of a Good Friday tradition with my Mum. We all love fresh fish and seafood (who doesn't) and Mum can't get around much so I'm always happy to pick up something from my local seafood co-op and take it to her house for lunch. Myself and the kids have been at her house since Thursday afternoon, spending a few days here, while the husband has gone interstate for a couple days.


For entree, we had King Prawns with an Avocado Salad.


For main course, I served a beautiful piece of Red Emporer a la meunière on a bed of vegetables and some hot chips on the side. Because I was late getting here on Thursday, we didn't get a chance to go to the grocery store for fresh vegetables, so I had to make do with what Mum had in the vegie crisper and freezer. I found a pack of frozen carrot/beans/baby corn which did the job. For the avocado salad, I just added some chopped tomatoes, celery and parsley.


We served it with a glass of icy cold Baily & Baily Heaven's Gate Moscato. A light, fruity white wine which went down well on what turned out to be a very hot day. Finished up being 29 degrees C here today. A very warm autumn day.

King Prawns and Avocado Salad

3 to 4 peeled King prawns per person
1-2 avocados, diced
1-2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 stalk celery
fresh parsley, finely chopped
lemon juice
salt & pepper
Thousand Island dressing (just enough to 'wet' ingredients)

Combine all ingredients. Spoon onto plate and top with King Prawns.

Fish a la Meunière

Fresh, firm white fish fillets
plain flour for dusting fish
salt and white pepper
butter
lemon juice
parsley, finely chopped

Dust fish fillets with seasoned flour. Heat butter in pan and when foaming, add fish. Allow to brown and then carefully turn over. Remove from pan. Add extra butter to pan (allow 1 tablespoon per person), melt, add lemon juice and parsley. Spoon over fish to serve.

We didn't have dessert as there is enough chocolate in the house to start our own shop!

2 comments:

  1. Yum. I wish I was there for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your header!!!! LOVE IT!!! Oh, and I love all the crockery that you have put out for Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...