Monday, April 25, 2011

(No) Housework (Easter) Mon(ANZAC)day



I've lost track of what day it is and then realised it was Monday and had no intention (or inclination) of even contemplating doing my usual housework today. I've laid down the law and given the kids until 3pm tomorrow afternoon and then it's 'tidy up' time.


The kids have been playing so nicely together today, in fact, we didn't see them for 3 hours this afternoon. This gave me time for a 'Granny' nap. I was so tired after a lack of sleep over the last three days. We had movie night tonight ("Alvin & The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel"), pizza and popcorn.


They played on the fort, played with cars, dolls, My Little Ponies, singing, dancing, eating a few Easter eggs and generally being just good kids. The day before (up until Dad came home) they were a little bit of a handful. Probably a sugar overload and having to behave so much at Mum's place. I always find the day after they've been extremely well behaved, they tend to let off a bit of steam and it's usually directed at me. Poor old Mum, the punching bag.


Last day of school holidays tomorrow so it'll be business as usual on Wednesday morning. I'll declare Wednesday my "Housework Monday" for this week. Gosh, where to start. I think it will take me 6 months to pick up the bits of Easter egg foil from the floor and in every nook and cranny in the house.

So it's back to school on Wednesday and back to some kind of routine for me, hopefully (and some Chuck Berry up full blast to motivate me)!


2 comments:

  1. Mine went back today. Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine go back on Thursday and as much as I'm looking forward to the return of my routine I'm also going to miss the sleep ins and laid back days.
    I love your kids fort, is it the one from Bunnings? We plan to get one for our kids for christmas.
    Oh and good luck with the evil Easter egg foil.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...