Monday, April 18, 2011

(No) Housework Monday, Play Date & "Rainy Days and Mondays"


Well, there goes the routine (hopefully not). All it takes is school holidays, a play date and a rainy day to send things haywire. The dishes weren't done, no floors washed or vacuumed. I was out the door at 8:30am, taking Ben to Kindy, back home for a quick phone call and then out for a play date with my daughter's school friends and their Mums. Had a lovely time, drinking coffee, eating cake and holding a newborn baby (no, I'm not getting clucky).


My husband tidied up his shed on the weekend and found all these posters. Laminated, autographed posters. We wouldn't have enough wall space in the entire house to hang these posters. They're still lying in the middle of the living room floor. Oh dear. Now to find a place for them.

Willy, our Miniature Pinscher
It's been absolutely pouring with rain here today, as it usually does at Easter time here in Brisbane. I don't think I can ever remember an Easter when it didn't rain.


I'll leave you with a song, that sums up the mood for the day. A classic by The Carpenters, "Rainy Days and Mondays". More rain predicted tomorrow and a few more days. Lucky Ben is at Kindy to get rid of a lot of energy for the next couple of days. Hope it clears up by the weekend or he'll be climbing the walls. (Not really. He and his sister play pretty well together. I'll keep them occupied with activities but there goes the state of the house. Never mind. There's always next Monday.)

2 comments:

  1. All I have to say about your first picture and paragraph is yup. As far as those poster go, I bet you can guess what I'd do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hearing you on that Anne! Love the song. Hope today is better for you...x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.