Sunday, April 17, 2011

Quick Easter Egg Biscuits


Okay, so I get lazy sometimes and get caught up doing other things, or just can't be bothered. Today was one of those days. It was rainy, there was washing to be done and the day just seemed to fly by. Before I knew it, it was dinner time and I couldn't be bothered baking. There's always the Sunday night routine of getting the husband's work clothes ready, Kindy (and normally school) lunches to be made so no chance of baking tonight.


A packet of Arnott's Milk Arrowroot biscuits is always good to have on hand. I grew up on these and loved them with just butter or butter and jam. Many a time, over the years, I have used them as an activity for the kids, getting them to ice the biscuits and then covering in lollies and sprinkles and getting to eat them. They are also usually the first solid food we give to our babies, letting them munch on them until they are one soggy mess and you spend the next 2 years trying to get the mush out of the high chair crevices.

I love how they are the perfect egg shape and always good around Easter time. Tonight, I just iced and decorated with a few sprinkles for a play date morning tea we're going to tomorrow morning. The kids will love them. I've kept the extra icing and will freeze for another time when I'm looking for an activity to keep the kids occupied.

5 comments:

  1. These are so cute, I think I would make them just for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Anne! I made some of these to take to work today, but yours are much better!
    I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award: http://scathingweekly.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award.html
    I'm not sure if you accept awards, but I really felt that Domesblissity deserved this.
    PS. Love the Easter theming of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you just saved my bacon!!! I have a kids easter craft session at our sewing cafe in Christchurch, NZ and I have been struggling to find an easter egg cutter! Now I have not only saved the hunt but also having to make them!! You are genius!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...