Friday, May 20, 2011

Breakfast Muffins

Breakfast time at our house is pretty hectic every morning so time to eat is pretty non existent for my husband and I. I like to do up a bunch of Breakfast Muffins, chocked full of goodness. I normally have one after the school run and hubby will have one once he gets to work.

I try to use wholemeal Self Raising flour plus whatever else is lying around in the pantry. Good way to use up leftover fruit starting to turn bad or that little bit of tinned fruit that is lurking in the fridge.

I use my Basic Muffin recipe and just add all the bits and pieces. These, are of course, good at any time of the day, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea or to take on a picnic. Once baked and cool, I whack in the freezer and just take one out at a time, as needed.

Breakfast Muffins

2 cups wholemeal Self Raising flour
1/4 cup oil (I used Canola)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/2  cup rolled oats
1/2 cup coconut

This time, I used:

crushed peanuts
glace cherries, chopped
sultanas
choc chips
Add all ingredients, mix lightly and pour into greased Texas muffin pan and bake in a 180 deg C oven for 15 minutes.

Makes approx 12 muffins.

You can use chopped fresh/frozen/canned fruit, fruit/vegie purees, any nuts, dried fruits, leftover breakfast cereal. I also sometimes add LSA (Linseed Sunflower Almond) mix for extra, extra goodness.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...