Monday, May 16, 2011

Housework Monday & my 'wonder' wall treatment


Don't ask me why I've created a feature out of my Housework Monday routine. I guess that's my life. It's not rocket science. It's not some fantastic plan that needs lists or schedules to get the housework done. It's just clean my floors and a general tidy up PLUS one major thing that needs to be done. I'll usually spot it during the week but save it until Monday.

The rest of the housework is done by 'incidental' cleaning but I'll talk about that another day. (It sounds great in theory but hardly ever goes to plan, but I try.)


This week it'll be trying to clean the pen marks off my kid's walls. The number one rule in our house that has been in place since they could hold a pen is "ONLY WRITE ON PAPER". I don't know why, but as they've got older, they just can't help themselves. Lucky I have a secret weapon. It's not a concoction of lemon juice and baking soda or eucalyptus oil (although they have their place in the home). I love to use a generic brand gel bleach cleanser to get these nasties off the walls. It works fantastically with permanent marker. Ha! Permanent marker my arse! This cleanser can get it all. It's also great for getting off food stains from your kitchen bench tops like beetroot, coffee etc. Give it a try. It's usually only priced at over $1 a bottle.
It's probably not the greatest photo. This was green texta AND glue stick.
Another part of my Housework Monday feature is a Youtube clip of a favourite song of mine and there are a few. Funny how I can find a song for every moment of my life including something as mundane as housework.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your comment Anne :) I would have probably covered it in ganache, but boyfriend's mom doesn't like things super sweet, so this was a way of me toning it down...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off to my own housework. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.