Friday, May 20, 2011

I resigned!



My part time, paid job that is. No matter how many times I try to resign from being a Mum, it keeps falling on deaf ears so I guess I'm stuck with that job.

After a lot of deliberation and talks with my husband, I finally did it today. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I thought I could have it all. Tidy, organised house; happy, content children; happy, content husband and a part time evening job that fit in with my very hectic schedule that gave us a bit of spending money for those little luxuries in life. Ummmm? No. The house has turned into a shambles, my 6 year old daughter is having hormonal issues, the children are lacking routine because I'm so damn busy trying to get organised to rush out the door at 5:30pm and then I'm too tired the following day to even do the basics around the house.

I really hand it to people who do paid work outside the home. I don't feel any less like a super woman because I couldn't do it. I just feel like I'll be able to channel all my energy back into the things I love doing the most and that's looking after my home and family, even though I don't get paid for it or get any thanks for it.

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!! :) I did the same thing in Feb for EXACTLY the same reasons. It has been the best decision, I wish I did it sooner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Enjoy channelling your energies into your family and home.

    Thanks for checking out my blog! I will be joining you in here plenty.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. You'll feel less stresses. Now can you teach me how to be less stressed?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.