Thursday, May 26, 2011

Is it 10 years already? My, how time flies!


We were married at around 3pm (I think) 10 years ago today. I married a guy, who, I had found out, worshipped the ground I walked on, came from a loving family, would do anything for me, at any cost and loved me more than life itself. (Gosh how things change! Just kidding!)

We had planned to have a reasonably lavish (that's 'lavish' not 'lavosh', the unleavened yeast free bread) wedding at an inner city hotel because a lot of guests were travelling from interstate and this hotel would provide the ceremony, reception and accommodation. About 6 months before the wedding, my husband lost his job and although he only took a couple months to find another one, we knew we couldn't afford it.

Instead, we had a beautiful ceremony and reception here at our home for about 40 guests with the wedding catered by a wonderful guy who went above and beyond with the quality and quantity of food. We didn't skimp on the photos or the honeymoon and had a wonderful week soaking up the sun in Bali. The photographer was fantastic as well, photographing my husband getting ready and myself getting ready at the apartment we shared before we bought our house (my sister had conveniently taken over the lease), at the ceremony, about 6 different locations around where we live and later on (around midnight) at our city motel.

It was a lovely wedding and a lovely reception and it's been a wonderful 10 years. We've had our ups and downs but we've got 2 beautiful children, 2 dogs and a pretty wonderful life. I couldn't really imagine it any other way. Love you honey and Happy Anniversary!!!

This was our wedding song:

3 comments:

  1. How sweet. You spent the money on the best parts. The honeymoon, the food, and the photos. You look great. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely! Congratulations on 10 years of wedded bliss!

    I met my partner 10 years ago this month. We have been too lazy, tight, or not committed enough to bother getting married. I am not sure which. It's never really bothered me, but now for some reason it's starting to. Oh well, the honeymoon probably wouldn't be quite the same with 2 feral kids for company! And the photos not quite as nice as they might have been pre-bags under eyes, wrinkles and saggy bits. I could still enjoy the food though!

    I hope that you are doing something nice to celebrate.

    x Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you and your Hubby!! How exciting! 10 years is a big deal

    XO
    Delighted Momma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...