Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rough Road Slice


Let me just say, nearly six weeks after Easter and I'm sick of the sight of Easter eggs. Someone gave the kids about a kilo and a half of the damn things and I was sick of looking at them in the fridge plus picking up the foil off the floor all the time. The chocolate wasn't very nice so I didn't even eat them, which is saying something for this chocoholic.


I didn't have marshmallows or peanuts to make a Rocky Road Slice but had a few Snake lollies and a packet of Scotch Finger biscuits so decided to make up a 'pseudo' Rocky Road Slice and called it a "Rough Road Slice". Bit like a Coconut Rough in a slice.





Rough Road Slice

250gm chocolate, melted
1 packet or 250gm biscuits, broken into small pieces
100gm jelly lollies, like Snakes, Jelly Babies, jubes (whatever you have or you can leave out)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 tbs butter, melted

Mix all ingredients and put ino a slice in lined with plastic wrap. Sprinkle with extra coconut, if desired. Refrigerate to set. Slice into small pieces to serve.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh yeah! Love the snakes, especially the red ones, yum!
    x Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how you confidently just use what you've got around to make so fabulous treat or scrumptious meal. You make it look so easy, I'm fooled into thinking even I can give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I think I need a midnight snack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne this made me laugh!! It looks good tho!! You are too funny.

    P.s. I'm sure you can paint the beads! That's a great idea

     Delighted Momma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne! I tend to agree with you – there are much better biscuits out there than Oreos (I’m a particular fan of Chips Ahoy Choc Chip Cookies) but the homemade version is just an allusion to the store bought variety – this is essentially a very rich cocoa butter biscuit, sandwiched around a wodge of vanilla butter icing. And I suppose, what’s not to love about that! Let me know how they come out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...