Thursday, May 19, 2011

When you just can't go on, but have to!



I'm having one of those moments when you think about just curling up in the foetal position, shutting the door to the outside world and never waking up. I have a 'little' part time job where I work 3 nights per week, 4 hours per night, for a bit of pocket money for the family. Last week it was 4 nights, 5 hours per shift and this week is the same. Throw into that a weekend away at Seaworld on the Gold Coast, all the usual running around you have on a daily basis with school drop offs and pick ups, shopping, the usual washing and housework and you just feel like you can't go on anymore.



What keeps me going? The look on my little girl's face when I come up to her school church this afternoon to see her play 'Jesus', having a coffee at a cafe with my 4yo son (he has a Baby Cino - so cute), the fact that I can buy them the latest "Cars II" or Barbie toy as a reward for their good behaviour/chores and the fact that I can sleep when I'm dead! Coffee is my friend!

2 comments:

  1. I hear that feeling passes in 18 years or so. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that feeling, hope you get some good rest soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...