Saturday, June 25, 2011

I'm grateful for...sunshine, herbs and holidays

[photo source]
It's been a busy week, so much so, I can't even remember half of it. I couldn't tell you what I did on each day. It's just a blur. But I've taken time out today to remember what I have been grateful for this week.

  • Warm Brisbane winter days.  I'm so blessed to live in this part of the world. Just the other week I was grateful for cold winter days as it makes you appreciate the warmer ones more and that's certainly the case. It's like you can nearly smell 'Spring' in the air but we're not even into our second month of winter. Just a lovely time of year.
  • Fresh herbs: I have recently bought fresh herb seedlings to start up my herb garden, again. There's nothing like fresh herbs added into your cooking. It creates a whole new taste sensation.
  • School holidays: I must be one of the weird ones who actually do love having my children home on school holidays. I'm only a year and a half into the whole 'school thing' so there's only been a couple of times I've gone through it but it's been over before I can get time to really enjoy it. You've got to love being able to sleep in that extra half hour or so in winter, right?
Head on over to Maxabella loves to read other 'grateful' posts.

4 comments:

  1. I love school holidays, I'm hanging out. Just the thought of not having to race to be somewhere is bliss.
    And as for that sunshine. There is a little part of me that would be happy for a move to the top end right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this post makes me miss sunshine!!
    I was in Brisbane last weekend and am freezing again now!
    Thanks for your very interesting comment on my blog. I've responded in a new post here: http://scathingweekly.blogspot.com/2011/06/mixed-opinions.html and would love to hear more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kiddos seem to wake up early only on weekends and holidays. They sleep in on school days... but no matter, I like the break in the routine too.

    Thanks for joining in. You've reminded me to get some new herbs in as my parsley has taken over the whole garden and killed everything else in its path!! I'm going to put that WEED into a pot of its own just like the mint got. That'll teach it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the leisurely pace of having the kids home. Sometimes it scares the crap out of me when it's coming though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...