Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Listography - Inventions

Kate from over at Kate Takes 5 has challenged us all with inventions this week. My mind is always ticking over wondering what I could invent that's going to make me a multi millionaire, like the Post It note or the paper clip, but unfortunately they've already been done. Not sure my top 5 will ever be invented but here's to wishful thinking!

[photo source]
1.  Motivation Pill

If only! I wish I could take one every day and within half an hour I'd be oozing motivation to lose weight, exercise, declutter and organise my house, tidy my kid's rooms (the way I want them to be tidied), have a beautifully decorated home, a vegie patch etc etc. You'd think with all the mod cons of today (compared to the days of my grandmother), I wouldn't need a pill!

[photo source]

2.  Never Pay Back Credit Card

Not that I've got one but wouldn't it be nice? Just imagine shopping, paying your bills, buying whatever you want, whenever you want, never having to budget. Ahhhhh! Dream on!

[photo source]

3.  The Couchless Husband

I'd love a husband that wasn't permanently stuck on the couch on the weekend. Now, I'm sure that there are already husbands out there in the world that aren't stuck to the couch already. Maybe I just need to invent some kind of device to prise him off the couch. (Don't get me wrong, He's not that bad. Just doesn't want to do things when I want him to.)

[photo source]

4.  A Toy Chute

Similar to a laundry chute but one that you can just put all the toys in at the end of the day and they miraculously fall into their allotted bins.

[photo source]

5.  A Chill Pill

There's always been a lot of talk of taking a 'chill pill'. You know the one that would calm you down when the kids are at each other's throats or you want to give one to the person who is ranting and raving at you from another traffic lane because you cut them off, without realising. It probably does already exist in the form of a bottle of wine, vodka, valium, box of chocolates or cream cake.

There you are Kate. Another good choice for Listography this week. If you happen to invent any of these, let me know because I'll be your first customer!

9 comments:

  1. What an excellent list. The motivation pill and toy chute would be my top choices - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the toy chute. Or maybe I could give my kids a motivation pill so they'd clean up after themselves. Either way, great list ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Couchless Husband, but didn't you know we're like snails? They have in-built shells, we have in-built couches. It's evolution. Great list.
    Keith aka Reluctant Housedad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your list! Maybe the toy chute could have a cleaning facility to get rid of all the bugs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I put my hand up for the motivation pill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes please for the motivation pill... if I could summon up the effort to stick my hand in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about a children-shusher. I would love to shush mine up on command.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like number one best. It is sometimes so difficult to get up and go when everyone has got up and gone and left you to do all the awful jobs.
    I have done Listography for first time this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them all! I definitely would not be able to choose between the motivation pill & the couchless husband. In fact I think I would be giving the motivation pill to my couch-bound husband ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.