Sunday, June 19, 2011

Quick Asian Chicken & Corn Soup


This is a great throw together, easy soup for a Sunday night, which is exactly what I did tonight. I was out all day at Mum's celebrating my sister's birthday and not really feeling like cooking, which is usual for a Sunday night. Although not exactly authentic because I omit the egg that's usually added at the end for the 'stringy' effect, it's still a tasty, warming soup.

Asian Chicken & Corn Soup

1 chicken breast fillet
1 litre chicken stock
1 tin creamed corn
1/2 cup frozen corn niblets
1 tbs soy sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp onion flakes
salt & pepper

Add chicken breast fillet, whole, to chicken stock. Poach until cooked. Remove and shred or dice chicken. Return to pan. Add creamed corn, frozen corn and remaining ingredients. Cook until frozen corn is cooked and serve. Garnish with chopped coriander, if desired.

Serves 4.

5 comments:

  1. Yum Anne ... this looks delicious! Think i will be making it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! This sounds delicious! I'm always on the lookout for yummy soups like this :)
    Star Hughes Living

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love corn in soup, but have never had this version. It sounds delicious and healthy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful soup! I can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are going to have lots of fresh corn just any day and what a great recipe to try! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday, I look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...