Friday, July 22, 2011

Around the World Community Day at my daughter's school

Well, it's been a long week and a half with illness hitting the whole family including my 6 year old daughter who hasn't been to school all week, which is unfortunate as her school fete is on this Sunday and they are calling it a "Community Day". A lot of the proceeds will go to various charities in the area and some local businesses will have stalls.


Her class will be involved in a dance to the song "It's a Small World After All". The poor thing hasn't practised the dance all week at school, not being there and I do hope she's well enough to go. Gosh! What have I done about a costume? Nothing! The students have been encouraged to wear a costume or colours of their heritage. Her heritage is predominantly Australian, Italian, German and Latvian and other than some flags I picked up to sew on a t-shirt or skirt, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. You know what I'll be up to Saturday night?

6 comments:

  1. Anne!!! I am so sorry to hear you've been sick!!! And your whole family was hit by it too? I really hope all of you feel better soon. That's the worst. You are such a good mom, sewing costumes even when you're not feeling 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Hope your healthy household returns quickly! As for the costume, suss out what you already have collies wise and pick one of the countries closest to that ;) I can't sew to save myself and I dread these things! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arrggghh! This time of year is so frustrating with continuous colds and flu. Here's hoping that everyone in your house is soon on the road to recovery....and best of luck for Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the costume is done to me. Did she end up going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry you all are sick!! So far we have stayed fairly healthy this summer. So, your kids are in school right now...ours are on summer break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you feeling better these days, Anne? Being sick is never a fun thing! It was interesting to read about all of the nationalities that your daughter has! Lots to celebrate in her heritage!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.