Monday, July 11, 2011

iphone a lot of people, but...

...it seems I don't have the right phone to do it. My husband has the iphone 4 but I've got a 'run of the mill' Nokia phone. Seems like I'm going to miss out though if I don't have an iphone. I've tried googling but not really clear on the number of applications (or 'apps' as they're affectionately known) but from what I've read it's over 400,000, and counting.

Why? It's not like I haven't got enough to do, electronically. I blog. I read blog posts, check emails, comment on blog posts and try to reply to people who comment on mine, list stuff to sell on ebay, use Facebook and Twitter and now they want me to buy an iphone and apps? When am I supposed to eat, drink, cook, clean, wash, look after my children? How could I possibly live without the following apps?






Old MacDonald by Duck Duck Goose
Keep your toddler entertained for hours with Old MacDonald. Explore 35 brilliantly illustrated and fully interactive landscapes. Listen to the classic tune in five languages. Even record your own duet.

What ever happened to singing to your child? You hardly need an app to sing "Old MacDonald", do you?

Hundred Pushups
Impress your friends — and yourself — by completing 100 consecutive push-ups. The six-week training program in Hundred PushUps helps men and women of all fitness levels build the strength and stamina it takes to drop down and give ’em 100.

What? I can't start training to do 100 push-ups by myself, I need an application to tell me to do it? (Well, I'm not going to start training to 100 push-ups but an application isn't going to motivate me to do it!)

AgingBooth
What will you look like when you’re old? And what about your friends?
Find out with AgingBooth (by the creators of FatBooth), an easy to use and amazing face aging machine on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
AgingBooth is a funny (or scary!) way to instantly age face photos.
Use AgingBooth on family, friends or colleagues photos and share them via email, MMS, FaceBook, Twitter.

Hello! Like I need to know what I'm going to look like when I'm old? I'm already there. I need to just be happy with the way I look for now and not worry about what I'm going to look like in the future. What a waste of time.








I could go on forever. I won't even mention the games. I'm not into electronic games of any kind. I just can't stand them. As I'm typing this my husband is getting crankier and crankier at trying to shoot bunny rabbits with a bow and arrow on his iphone. I can't see the sense in it. I really can't.

I'll just keep my Nokia thanks. You can have the iphone and the apps. I don't have enough time as it is and certainly don't need any more 'time wasters'. Although, I probably will get left behind as far as mobile phone technology goes.  How on earth will I ever get by? If someone creates an app that will clean my house, cook my food, wash my clothes, give me a pedicure and take the kids to school, I'll think about it.

7 comments:

  1. Great post Anne, I too simply can't see the sense of it all....look up I say!....so many people today are walking around running into things, why, because they have their head down in those things.....DS19 couldn't unpack his car yesterday without having it in one hand....
    I just can't see the point.
    Once again Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got myself iphoned up just last week! Other than feeling like I need a pencil sharpener to make my fingers pointier so that I don't make so many mistakes I am loving it.

    PS. Fruit Ninja rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm ashamed to admit I'm an iPhone junkie, except I'm not into games at all. I'm all about the social media baby! I blog, FB, email & am even writing this very comment from my iPhone. I also have an ipad which does the same cool stuff (but bigger ;P). Must say iPhone usage is definately hazardous to your health - my ankle injury the other day was iPhone-related & I'm still suffering!

    PS our husband's are soul mates x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, that aging app scares the bejeesus out of me - who would want to see that??

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL these are great!! Yeah, why would anyone want those apps? I have a Nokia too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha those are so funny! I love my blackberry...I don't think I'll ever convert to the iphone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an iPhone now, but when my husband first got one I rolled my eyes a lot. It's a bit of a trap - you find yourself needing to be online more (even more than I am already!) and being 'on' all the time. I say stick to simplicity if you can possibly resist all this other stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...