I'm guest blogging over at my friend Megan's blog, "Declutter Daily" today. While she's sunning herself somewhere along the east coast of the US, I'm freezing my butt off here in Australia. Thanks Megan for the opportunity to be a guest blogger.
I blogged about decluttering the contents of your fridge and pantry and shared a recipe for "No Bake Orange Slice" so go and check it out. Here's the recipe anyway.
80g (3 oz) butter
1 small can sweetened condensed milk
250g old biscuits (if not enough, add crushed Weet Bix or Rice Krispies)
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon (20ml) fresh orange juice
grated rind of 1 orange
white chocolate, melted to drizzle on top (or make an orange frosting to top with additional coconut)
- Place butter and condensed milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat when butter has melted and mixture is smooth. y
- Finely crush biscuits using a food processor or put into a plastic bag and beat with a rolling pin.
- Stir crushed biscuits and coconut together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Stir orange juice and rind into condensed milk mixture.
- Add to biscuit crumb mix and stir until well combined.
- Press mixture into a prepared slice pan (approx 16x26cm or 6"x10").
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate or spread orange frosting over slice and sprinkle with extra coconut.
- Refrigerate slice until cold and firm then remove from the pan and cut into pieces.
- Store slice in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.