Monday, July 25, 2011

No Bake Orange Slice


I'm guest blogging over at my friend Megan's blog, "Declutter Daily" today. While she's sunning herself somewhere along the east coast of the US, I'm freezing my butt off here in Australia. Thanks Megan for the opportunity to be a guest blogger.

I blogged about decluttering the contents of your fridge and pantry and shared a recipe for "No Bake Orange Slice" so go and check it out. Here's the recipe anyway.


No Bake Orange Slice
80g (3 oz) butter
1 small can sweetened condensed milk
250g old biscuits (if not enough, add crushed Weet Bix or Rice Krispies)
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon (20ml) fresh orange juice
grated rind of 1 orange
white chocolate, melted to drizzle on top (or make an orange frosting to top with additional coconut)

  1. Place butter and condensed milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
  2. Remove from heat when butter has melted and mixture is smooth. y
  3. Finely crush biscuits using a food processor or put into a plastic bag and beat with a rolling pin.
  4. Stir crushed biscuits and coconut together in a large bowl until well combined. 
  5. Stir orange juice and rind into condensed milk mixture.
  6. Add to biscuit crumb mix and stir until well combined.
  7. Press mixture into a prepared slice pan (approx 16x26cm or 6"x10").
  8. Drizzle with melted white chocolate or spread orange frosting over slice and sprinkle with extra coconut.
  9. Refrigerate slice until cold and firm then remove from the pan and cut into pieces.
  10. Store slice in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.

16 comments:

  1. Aw yum!! I've really gotta stop visiting ur blog when I'm hungry lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this no bake orange slice sound wonderful! I love all the great flavors going on!
    Thank you for joining me for ON THE MENU MONDAY! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will head over to check out your guest post! How exciting :) Ohhh I am a big fan of no bake desserts! This sounds pretty easy..def my kind of recipe! Thank you for sharing Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my...I can't WAIT to give this a try. I love ANYthing orange and add coconut to it and I'm in Heaven.
    Thanks so much....I'm over from Stonegable.:)
    Going to sign up to follow..come see me when you can.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really delicious! I love all citrus type desserts, especially in this heat we have down here. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog earlier and I hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another yummy dessert! The no bake idea is great because it is so hot and humid up here!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done it again Anne! Yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne, Anne Anne! You are doing NOTHING for my waistline! I will be adding these to my To Make list. I reckon if I use GF tea biscuits I could make a gluten free version! Yum I love slice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look wonderful!

    Terrific, easy recipe...so worth trying ASAP! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy yummy! It seems way to easy! New follower from FTLB's Tasty Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum!!! Anne you have the best ideas!!! Love all of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This recipe looks really good! It would be great if you came over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow and shared some of your recipes.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks just fantastic. I cannot wait to try it and need no bake recipes. We are roasting here in the US. 102 today. Come over and visit us. We have a great sorbet recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds yummy! I love orange!

    I'd love for you to stop by for my Friday Favorites party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anne,
    How are you doing today. I was thinking about you today when I heard it will be 111 degrees here tomorrow. Wow I can only dream of winter. Girl, this no bake Orange Slice looks amazing and I can't wait to try it! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon. Hope you are having a great week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.