Friday, July 8, 2011

Picnic lunch with the kids and a bribe

[photo courtesy of http://www.brisbanekids.com.au/]
I've promised the kids lunch at Yeo Park at Thompsons Beach at Victoria Point in return for a hand tidying up around the house. It's the last 'official' day of school holidays and it's been a hectic two weeks. (My daughter does have a 'pupil free' day on Monday and her and I are planning a Barbie pool party.)

The days have been glorious here in Brisbane this week. Temperatures in the low 20's but the nights have been cool. I hear that it will be down to 3 deg C on Monday morning so I'm planning on a bit of a sleep in then. I wish!

To all my fabulous blogging friends and readers, thank you so much for voting for me in the Lurpak Butter Baking Challenge. I have the chance of winning one of five prizes of $1,500. I baked my Nanna's Walnut & Date Slice and if you have a moment, would you mind voting for me by clicking here? Voting closes at midnight this Sunday, 11 July 2011. Thanks again, so much.

I'm linking up with Rhonda from Down to Earth's Friday feature, "On My Mind".

15 comments:

  1. I voted for you Ann - I also might make it soon because it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a beautiful park. I'm sure you enjoyed your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a gorgeous park!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) Now I want to go to Australia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun park. I voted for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Anne :) :) :)
    I think a fun outing outside is worth helping you tidy up a bit ;):) Enjoy your time at the park :) :) I've never been to Australia, but I've always wanted to go. It started back when I was in high school, listening to the band Midnight Oil. Anyways, I digress a little bit :) :) Have a fun, fun day :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love having picnics at the water's edge...the kids (even my big ones) get to play on the swings while I go for a walk along the water...What better way to end a day trip...
    On my mind today:
    http://justlikemynanmade.blogspot.com/2011/07/on-my-mindsteamed-puddings-i-am-making.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anne, I came over from Down to Earth to have a look. That slice sounds just yum and I will have to make one this afternoon. I voted for you as well. Shall check out your blog later.
    Cheers, Karen near Gympie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, what a lovely bit of somethings you have on your mind. I look forward to reading your "entry."

    http://bettermebetterworld.blogspot.com/2011/07/on-my-mind-edible-landscaping-and-using.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a beautiful park. I hope you are having fun there. What a good enticement. I should take a lesson from your book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha I love the use of bribes for cleaning the house!! And I can't wait to see pictures of the barbie birthday party - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That just looks gorgeous, but then again, I've been wanting to visit Australia for for ever :)

    Found you through 'Down to Earth'. Have a wonderful weekend!

    Blessings,
    This Good Life
    http://this-good-life.blogspot.com/2011/07/on-my-mind-shabbatweekend.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. A picnic in the park sounds good. We used to do that and choose different parks around the area. The cake looks good and sounds easy to make and I placed my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with the slice anne, I just got my vote in, in time. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have you heard yet how you went in the competition?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...