Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday Night Movie Night - Enchanted

[photo source]

Tonight's offering was an older movie from 2007 screened on 'free to air' TV. It was a coincidence it was on because I'd only seen Amy Adams the night before in "The Fighter" and was telling my husband what other movies she'd been in, including "Enchanted" which was quite a different role for her. She was also "Julie" in "Julie and Julia" starring Meryl Streep.

The movie started out animinated and it's your typical princess fairytale with a little bit taken out of every fairytale movie. The evil queen/stepmother character is played by Susan Sarandon and she pushes Giselle, the Amy Adams character, down a well and into 'real life' in the middle of Manhattan. From there, Patrick Dempsey, a single Dad with a 6-ish year old daughter, find Giselle and take her in and the love story begins.


It's a really delightful movie. My 4 year old son was a little restless towards the end. I think he still likes his movies animated but my nearly 7 year old daughter is enjoying non animated films a little more.

There is a little bit of a 'scary' part near the end with the evil Queen turning herself into a not so bad looking dragon but my son didn't say it was scary. He thought the chipmunk character was cool.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh isn't this the cutest movie ever?? I think it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...