Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tip: Equal sized cookies and cupcakes


There's probably a lot of people who already know this but just in case you don't, if you use an ice cream scoop to make your cookies or cupcakes, you'll end up with equal sizes and it makes the job a lot easier.


Even my 4 year old son can do it, with only minimal mess of course.

[photo source]
Take these colour coded Bonzer Lite Grip Ice Cream Scoops starting from 30mm right up to 82mm. Imagine the size of the utensil drawer you'd need?

4 comments:

  1. Great idea Anne and so simple I feel a little simple myself for not thinking of it :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually never thought of that. And that is pretty impressive for a 4-year-old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne, love your tip, I also do this...especially with biscuits and cupcakes....that way there is no fighting either...'he got a bigger one than I did'..nope you won't hear that here at my house....but I don't use a icecream scoop...I just use a measuring cup...like 1/4 or a tablespoon depending on what I am baking.
    Nice tip from a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I first came across this idea on the Martha Stewart show and also saw it in the Crabapple Cupcake Bakery Cookbook. Until I tried it myself I couldn't believe how fast I could evenly spoon the batter into the pans! A wonderful tip to share!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.