Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vive La France - Happy Bastille Day

[photo source]
Today is Bastille Day, the French National Day. A day when they commemorate the storming of the Bastille in 1789. I so wanted to cook something French and post about it but I forgot. It wasn't until I was in the car at lunch time and the radio station played three French themed songs that I remembered. Oh well. An excuse to cook something French, another day.

For all things French, food wise, don't miss "French Food Safari" on SBS hosted by Maeve O'Meara and Guillaume Brahimi. It's on again tonight at 7:30pm. If you missed an episode, you can catch it online here.

I must also share one of the songs they played on the radio. Turn up the volume, croissant in one hand and glass of champagne in the other and let your hair down! I was in high school when this came out and can remember jumping around like a crazy thing.

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY Bastille Day! :)

    Thank you for the sweet comment today Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Bastille Day - love an excuse for a croissant & some vino! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Bastille Day! I would love a chocolate croissant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny they played this good ole' song on the radio ! so much for French treats, i'll go make your jam drops instead ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is fun to read from across the Atlantic (France)
    the song is in French but Plastic Bertrand is Belgian. we used to smile at this one when I was a little girl, my grandfather absolutely hated it ! thank you for taking me back in time !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.