Saturday, August 20, 2011

Nutella cookies


My son and I wanted to make a quick batch of cookies the other day and I had a jar of Nutella in the cupboard. That's dangerous. If it was going to stay it was sure to be eaten up, straight out of the jar that is.


I searched on the Internet for a Nutella cookie recipe and the one I found was way too dry when I mixed it up. I add 60gm of butter and it made it a lot more moist and a really crispy biscuit. I'm not sure I'll be making these again though because I don't think I'll be buying Nutella again. My kids don't eat it on bread (and I don't blame them) and it's one guilty pleasure I don't need.

Nutella Cookies 
1 cup Nutella
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup plain flour
1 egg
60gm butter, melted

  1. Mix all ingredients together.
  2. Roll into small balls and flatten with your fingers or the bottom of a glass. Allow room for spreading on the baking pan.
  3. Bake in a 180 deg C oven for approx 10 mins.

8 comments:

  1. Nutella is definitely one of my weaknesses! I was desperate to get my little one to eat breakfast & let her have it on bread and now she's addicted (shocking, right?). I don't think I'll be buying anymore either!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking that I should buy some! Evil but yummy...

    Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

    xLee

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I'm not the only one who eats it straight from the jar...I've had to stop buying it! And when I do I just make my nutella cupcakes which are insane if you're a nutelladdict (which are on my blog).
    These cookies look lovely so thanks for posting up the recipe!

    www.pannasbaking.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne,
    It is good to see you today. That is a great looking cookie that would be very tasty with my afternoon tea. I might need two of them, I'm hungry.
    Hope you have a great week end and thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Come back soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I confess I'm another straight out of the jar nutella monster!! I never liked it as a kid and I'm not sure made me buy it as an adult. Big mistake, big big mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delicious combination...Nutella and cookies! I will have to pick up some Nutella next time I am at Costco so I can make some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yum. I wonder if these would work with the fake Nutella. My youngest is highly allergic to Hazelnuts (which I find ironic as her Grandma's name is Hazel).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh YUM Anne! I can't buy nutella very often either, it just gets demolished in seconds lol. But next time I'm feeling generous I'm going to give these a go!

    Thanks for joining in Menu Monday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.