Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pinning & Singing - I'm so tired


I've been wanting to play along with Natasha's "Pinning and Singing Sunday" for a while now but I'm never in the mood for a song, or pinning for that matter, on a Sunday. Might have something to do with being busy with the kids and the husband on the weekend.

This morning the kids were in fine form, as usual. Fighting and talking over the top of me. I was instantly reminded of Madeline Khan's performance of "I'm Tired" from Blazing Saddles. I just love that movie and find it hilarious still after watching it probably 1,000 times. Madeline Khan was a fantastic comedienne and actress and she is sadly missed.  When the kids won't listen to me, they're are talking over the top of me and each other, I drift off into a rendition of "I'm Tired":

I'm tired,
tired of playing the game,
ain't it a crying shame?
I'm so tired,
God dammit I'm tired!


 Here's a snippet of her performance.


Although the song isn't about parenting or being fed up with your kids, I do love it.

As far as pinning goes, there's been a few things I've pinned this week but not many. If I don't read the blogs I'm following for a day, I have over 100 blog posts to catch up on. I try to get through everything so quickly, it doesn't leave me much time to pin. I try to get back to it but often forget. So much to read, so little time.


Halloween snack food


Gorgeous rose pillow from Angella Eisman Designs


Book page flowers


Candy/treat/favour boxes


Letter road art with cars


Pretty paper covered pencils


Thanks Natasha for hosting. I'm sorry I've not joined in earlier. I've found 5 minutes today to get involved. *wink wink* Head on over to Natasha's blog "5 Minutes Just for Me" for more pinning and singing.






4 comments:

  1. I helped my friend Paula make a boatload of those paper flowers for a party last year. They are simple and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paper flowers are cute! Have you seen the paper flower bouquets for sale on etsy? The are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how fast the unread posts add up, isn't it?! (I posted too much last week, lol!) I'm so loving those pillows you pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do so well to keep up with all your blog reading! I probably only get a fraction done each week...Ahhhhh! love, love, love those paper flowers, gorgeous! My boy would adore that letter road art.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.