|Hell hath no fury like a mummy's curse!|
I have probably a million things I could tell you about being a bad mummy that you didn't need to know (goes against the whole blissful domesticated life I supposedly live) but you wouldn't want to read that so I have 10 things to tell you about, that happened this morning, while I was trying to read Gemma's blog post. I've been trying since 7am and it's now 1pm. A whole lot more than 10 bad things have happened but I've culled it.
So, while trying to read Gemma's vlog post about "10 things you didn't need to know about her", I...
- ...let my daughter vomit on herself while I was making myself a cup of tea. The disposable vomit bag was right beside her. Better on her than the lounge, for goodness sake.
- ...saw my 4 yo son trying to trim shrub branches with the hedge trimmer while I was getting the washing (spewy clothes included) out of the machine.
- ...told my daughter to be quiet when I finally got Youtube to work and play Gemma's post. My daughter was complaining that she needed a puff of Ventolin and I said, "shhhhh". She said, "I'll get it Mummy."
- ...took the kids to the corner store for their favourite pack of lollies and lemonade (was just supposed to be getting milk) so I didn't have to take them to the shopping centre for a few groceries.
- ...just kept answering the kids with "oh right" or "oh really?" when they were asking questions like "can we have some breakfast?" or "can I have a drink of water?".
- ...listened to my daughter asking to use the computer to play her Barbie game but I kept saying no because I've just got to watch Gemma's vlog.
- ...was getting worried that I have over 150 blog posts to read while my sick kid's eyes are turning square from watching too much TV.
- ...was giving in to my kid's demands at the corner store to buy a curly, twirly novelty drinking straw at some ridiculous price just so they'd shut up and I could get home quickly to try to read Gemma's post.
- ...made the kids Vegemite sandwiches, again, for lunch.
- ...will do this later when my husband gets home, but I'm going to kill him for recording a kid's movie (Alvin & The Chipmunks - one of my least favourite mind you) from free to air TV so I had to fast forward through the ads the whole time instead of getting to read Gemma's post.