Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A nice (budgeted) day out at Ikea


I had the opportunity to meet a lovely Queensland blogger today. Nee Say and we tried to decide on a place to meet for a coffee that was half way between her and I and it seems the Ikea store at Logan is halfway for everyone which I'm glad about. Nee Say is just as nice in person as she is in the blogosphere. I encourage you to check out what goes on over at her blog, The Menagerie & Me.


Back to our meet up. We were quick to take advantage of the free coffee you get when you are an Ikea Family Card member. We then went on our merry way, ducking and weaving through the many nooks and crannies of the store. Some beautiful kitchens including a to die for walk in pantry. Nee and I had visions of being able to lock ourselves away in something like that for a few weeks before anyone found us. Ah, bliss!



I set myself a tight budget. With two birthdays next month and having to sell one of my arms to pay for things coming up at my daughter's school, I've got to tighten the purse strings but I could've easily gone crazy at Ikea. It seems we always need everything we see and somehow we always do find a purpose for it. How did we ever cope without it?

Here's what I bought:

KLISTRIG Place mat - $3.99 for pack of 4



SNÖDRIVA Pastry cutter set - $4.99 set of 6

MÅLA Drawing paper roll - $4.99 (Family member price)

FRAKTA Carrier Bag, Medium - $0.99 each




DROMMAR Baking cups - $0.99 for 65


There were quite a few things I could've easily thrown in the trolley but I showed restraint. I have them on my list for next time I go and in the meantime I'll just try to manage life without these things.  Nee did really well too, picking up a few things she really needed so it was a productive trip, washed down by all those free coffees and some Swedish meatballs to finish the outing. Thanks Nee for a great day. Hopefully we'll get to do it again sometime!

8 comments:

  1. That sounds like such FUN! I am lucky enough to have an Ikea about 5 minutes from home. I go there and walk around when I need some retail therapy and inspiration.
    XOX Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went to Ikea last week! I hadn't been there for years and it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The meatballs are pretty much an essential aren't they :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love a good trip to ikea, myself. Sometimes a friend and I go just to browse and eat meatballs! I love those placemats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The placemats are lovely! I so love Ikea, such fabulous design and decorating ideas.

    Hope you are having a great day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great idea for a meeting place with another blogger! I LOVE Ikea (not surprising given my Scandinavian background). Those cookie cutters are on my radar for a special Xmas project!!!! Might just have to head over to the new Springvale store tomorrow after kinder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the placemats too. and the Christmas cookie cutters are very cute. I feel a trip to Ikea coming on.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! I am so glad you got to meet a fellow blogger. We don't have an Ikea. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...