Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pinspiration: Let's have a picnic

Source: fitacola.com via Anne on Pinterest

We had a picnic morning tea last weekend at the park with the kids and it made me realise how we don't 'picnic' like we used to. Vintage picnic baskets filled with plates and cultery, kept snuggly inside the basket with leather straps. Glasses, cups and thermoses filled with wine, champagne, cordial or a hot cup of tea. Nothing like eating in the great outdoors with a large array of food on offer. We always take a thermos of coffee, sandwiches and cakes of some description when we go out on a day trip but not to purposely go out into nature and have an old fashioned picnic like we used to as kids.  There were places called "picnic grounds" specifically designed for that. Big shady trees, picnic tables, barbecues, playground equipment, a creek to swim in or just to relax and interact as a family. Here's some 'Pinspiration'.



























6 comments:

  1. So true. Before, picnicing was an "event", a "date". Now we just go and kind of hang out. I LOVE the cushions on the tree stumps. How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just loving all of those picnic photos ;) :) Here where I live, I've noticed that lots of families come out on Sundays to enjoy the ocean and sit on the grass and play and/or eat food :) :) I think a picnic is something really lovely :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! I've never had a fabulous picnic like that. I should plan one for me and Brian this next spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picnic on a stick! Very cute. In my old age I get a bit stiff sitting on the ground, I much prefer a picnic table affair.
    I love the Donna Hay wrapped knife and forks with the individual salt and pepper, too cute.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing and creative ideas for a picnic.


    ~Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dontcha' just love pinterest. Swoon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.