Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pinning & Singing: "Daisy, daisy, give me your answer do"


I pulled out an old Linen House blue cotton quilt cover the other day to change my bedroom decor and I remembered just how much I love daisies. Its a 100% powder blue cotton (similar to the above) with embroidered daisies and it's just beautiful. Daisies always reminder me of crisp, cool, white, summer and freshness.  I can always remember having big pots of Marguerite daisies in houses I lived at. Time to get some more daisies in my life. I am going to share a few pins with you this week of daisy 'pinspired' food and crafts.


Daisy celebration cake


Daisy chocolate cake pop


Lazy daisy cake


Daisy earrings


Daisy cookie pop


Crocheted daisies

Source: etsy.com via Anne on Pinterest

Daisy embellished dress

Source: etsy.com via Anne on Pinterest

Daisy retro glasses


Milk pail full of miniature daisies

Source: etsy.com via Anne on Pinterest

Daisy hair pins (I had an exact pair of these in my teens)


Daisy cupcakes

Source: etsy.com via Anne on Pinterest

Crocheted baby daisy hat

Source: etsy.com via Anne on Pinterest

Daisy bracelet

Source: flickr.com via Anne on Pinterest

Crocheted daisy bracelet


Daisy necklace

Source: etsy.com via Anne on Pinterest

Daisy necklace

I'm linking up with Natasha from 5 Minutes Just For Me and Tina from Piquing my Interest.

13 comments:

  1. I too have many lovely memories associated with daisies and my Nana, being at her place and picking bouquets.

    I love the retro glasses of course, but I'm sure that's no surprise and I rather like the necklace in the final pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love daisies. Aren't they beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I LOVE daisies! Are you my Australian twin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE your post. Daisies are one of my favorite flowers and your pictures were all delightful. The cute daisy food makes me hungry. Today its suppose to snow here so seeing your daisies is like a breath of spring.

    Luv u My dear friend,

    Nann

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous pins! I love the daisy crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need another baby, just to plop that hat on. Hmmm....maybe I should just try to stretch it out over Zoe's giant toddler head.

    I love daisies too. So pretty and making me think spring is on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many awesome pins - i love many of the foods (those cupcakes!) and jewellery!

    Deb @ home life simplified

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will have to repin all those lovely crochet daisy things. Daisys are happy, sunny and filled with good memories for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I went down your list I kept going, oh...that's my favorite and the I would come to the next picture and say, oh...that's my favorite! So, I guess they are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful and bright! Daisies everywhere. I especially like the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those earring are amazing!!! LOves...I hope you will link up with me here:
    http://www.thegingerbreadblog.com/2012/02/sweet-saturday-link-party-v26.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anne!

    Daisies are such a HAPPY flower and all these items are so charming! That baby is the most adorable ever!!!

    Came by via Natasha's party.

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete
  13. Daisies are such a happy flower aren't they! I never realised there were so many fun things on Pinterest dedicated to daisies!

    Thanks for linking up-you are such a great bloggy friend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...