Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pinning & Singing: I'm writing my way back bureau


I was trying to be a little smart but finished up being a little dorky I think in my waxing lyrical Pinning and Singing post title this week. It was meant to be a play on the words by the Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons song "Working My Way Back to You", one of my favourites. "The Jersey Boys" are finally coming to town and I've been dying to see it. I'm going to try and get there. I've always loved Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons since before Grease.

Anyway, enough about Frankie Valli. I've been wracking my brain on how I'd like to set up a home office. Unfortunately, I just don't have a spare room to set one up but I'd also like to set a work space up discreetly in our living area. I'm sure it wouldn't take long before the desk would become another dumping ground for school papers, junk mail etc etc. It got me thinking about the beautiful, antique bureau or secretaire.  Back in the days when letter writing was really the only way of communicating. Besides being a functional piece of furniture, it was often quite beautiful and, I think, an ideal piece of furniture to house a laptop, small printer and all the other bits and pieces that usually go in or on a desk. What do you think?








Source: google.ca via Sonja on Pinterest

Source: svpply.com via Cat on Pinterest

Source: 1stdibs.com via Sky on Pinterest



Oh to be so lucky to find one of these. I might go scouring some of the second hand furniture stores. Wish me luck. Now onto the song. Have you seen "The Jersey Boys"?


I'm linking up with Natasha from 5 Minutes For Me and Tina Gray dot me.

6 comments:

  1. I live in a small space too, and have a little desk that I've set up my office in. It works great! Of course my desk isn't nearly as pretty as any of the ones you've pinned. Very Inspiring!'
    Blessings!
    Geneva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos of all those gorgeous desks. I know you'll find a little place to make your office and it will be perfect. I only wish I were there to go to all those fun thrift shops with you to find your desk. We'd have a blast thats for sure. Could we do lunch too? Of course I'll want authentic Aussie food. (smile) Also...I love Frankie Valli and the four seasons....oh the memories.

    Love you girlfriend,

    Nann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those desks are gorgeous, especially the first one :) My Mum has one of those desks, but since we moved to this house where there is heaps of room, she hasn't used it much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gasp. A writing bureau. I've wanted one since I was a kid. The black one! Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been on the lookout for a desk too - wouldn't it be nice to have somewhere special to blog?? One of these would be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all these desks - I've been hoping to come across one at the thrift shop, but no luck as yet. These ones are gorgeous. Love the song too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.