Well, sort of. I picked up this recipe from Pinterest and being a bit of a lover of that greasy, finger-lickin' good, secret spice mix, I couldn't wait to give this a try. The recipe used a few of your basic pantry spices and a little flour. I love chicken drumsticks because they don't take long to cook and they're great for little fingers. This mix would also be good for chicken wingettes when entertaining. Serve with a Ranch dressing or spicy tomato dipping sauce.
Served with some oven baked potato wedges and a salad and you've got a quick evening meal. This is the original recipe from Our Life Uncommon: The Wonder Twins.
Easy Oven Baked KFC Copycat Chicken
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp Season All (might also be called All Seasoning)
3/4 tsp pepper
1 cup flour
2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine dry ingredients into a plastic bag and place chicken pieces into bag, shaking. Ensure is piece is thoroughly coated with flour/spice mix.
- Cook for approx 15 minutes then turn each piece of chicken and continue cooking for 20 more minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve with potato wedges and vegetables/salad.
Not quite exactly like the original 13 secret herbs and spices but pretty good for a lower fat version of chicken and chips.