Saturday, March 17, 2012

How long is a piece of string?


You know the old saying, "how long is a piece of string"? Well, how long is it and how many ways can you use the humble old ball of string. Anyone remember macrame? I can remember making some basic pot plant holders back in the 70's and I saw one at my local thrift store the other day and I'm kicking myself for not grabbing it. Put a basket inside and you've got a perfect place for hanging storage. I've found some great ideas for using string, including macrame, on Pinterest. Check these out.





Source: etsy.com via Erin on Pinterest




Source: kootoyoo.com via Kara on Pinterest







Source: beklina.com via Annie on Pinterest



Source: bhg.com via Betty on Pinterest







So, how long is a piece of string? I thought I'd better stop there. Jute, twine (plain or coloured), thicker rope can all be used for such beautiful things.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I do love that first picture, clever ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I am not familiar with that saying and when I first read the title I was like: Oh, Lord, she is reaching for ideas! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....so many great ideas! My "to do" list keeps getting longer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the funnel idea. Now that is clever. I'm always losing my twine..or rather misplacing it. That would probably solve the problem. I've never been one for macrame though. But I still keep twine around. Its good for alot of purposes.

    XXOO

    Nann

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are going for most excellent contents like I do, only pay a quick visit this web site everyday as it provides feature
    contents, thanks
    My page > fast weight loss diet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.