|My Saturday night homemade pizza of pepperoni, olives, mushrooms and fresh tomato with mozarella|
Breadmaker Pizza Dough
- 1.1/4 cups water
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups flour
- 1.1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- Add all ingredients, in order listed above, into breadmaker pan.
- Make in breadmaker up until cooking stage.
- Can be frozen into small balls and use as required.
- When ready to make pizza, roll into desired shape, top with favourite toppings and bake in a hot, 220 deg C oven until cheese has melted.
Puff Pastry Pizza
Pizza Scrolls (use pizza dough or puff pastry)
As far as pizza toppings go, I like to keep them simple and use whatever I have on hand. I nearly always have mozarella cheese in the freezer and if I don't, I use plain cheddar cheese. I always have pepperoni, ham or bacon in the freezer. Any meat works well. Use whatever vegetables you have in the crisper like capsicum (bell peppers), onion, mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli, fresh tomatoes, olives. If you don't have pizza sauce or passata to top your pizza bases, use plain old tomato sauce (ketchup) or spruce it up with herbs or spices and/or chilli.
Whichever way you go, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, wholegrain, all meat, no meat, using a substitute for the pizza base, using ricotta cheese on top, pizza is a quick, cheap, tasty snack or meal that is easy to put together and easy to have on hand in the freezer, either partly made or made up ready to pop in the oven.
This post is part of domesblissity's THRiVING - Thrifty Living feature.