I've been going to the gym and trying to eat a lot healthier. That's one of the reasons there hasn't been too many baked goods on the blog lately. I'm trying to eat a salad at lunch and dinner with whatever I'm having, just to bulk up. I had all the ingredients for a BLT sandwich the other day but knew I couldn't possibly fit all the lettuce I usually eat in one sitting on one tiny bit of bread so decided to throw it all in a bowl.
I didn't want to make croutons nor have too many carbs so toasted just one slice of bread and chopped that up and tossed through the salad. It was a nice way to eat that BLT combination, which is such a favourite with so many people.
- bacon, grilled, microwaved or fried
- tomato, chopped
- lettuce leaves, torn
- bread, toasted
- vinaigrette or salad dressing of your choice
- Toss bacon and salad ingredients into a bowl.
- Chop toasted bread into squares and toss through salad.
- Top with chopped, cooked bacon and salad dressing. Toss.
- More salad ingredients or nuts can also be added like pecans, walnuts, pinenuts.