Monday, May 28, 2012

I'm on to the 2nd round of the Blog Off / Cook Off



In the craziness of last week, I forgot to mention I was lucky enough to be judged a winner in the first round of the Gourmet Garden Blog Off / Cook Off cooking competition I entered. What a surprise that was. I was up against some stiff competition so very lucky to have been selected.  You could cook one dish or as many as you liked during the week of May 14 to May 20. These are the recipes I cooked.












Eighteen winners have been selected and six will cook off at each of the Good Food & Wine Shows which are to be held over the next few months, the first one being held in Melbourne in June.  I won't have to cook off until November, the time of the Brisbane Good Food & Wine Show so I've got a bit of time up my sleeves to think of something. It has to be something cooked within 30 minutes so I'll have my work cut out for me.  No more arm chair commentating on all the cooking shows from me anymore now that I'll be under the bright lights myself! I'm looking forward to it though and know I'll be up against some stiff competition but it will be a bit of fun and more than I could've ever wished for.





11 comments:

  1. WHAAAAA!!!! congratulations! that is super duper exciting news!!! i have been thinking about your roasted carrot and garlic gnocchi w thyme butter.... like a lot! even bought an extra bag of carrots to make them. somewhere along the week they got used in something else... but i will be making this. it just sounds so good!
    hope you are doing great! sending you a big hug :)
    xo tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW!! I'm SO thrilled for you Anne. Everyone of those recipes are fabulous! I can so see why you are a major contender. Be sure and give us a blow by blow account as you get prepared for the event. Now do you just cook one of those or all of them or do you send in more recipes that you want to make. I'll be your tester :D Even if I am thousands of miles away :D Let us know every teensy weensy wonderful detail. You've got a whole cheering section out here for ya!!!

    Big big hugs my sweet friend....and go get 'em tiger!!

    Nann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. Your food looks lovely. Hope to see you in Noosa in the final.

    Best of luck
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Anne !!! I think I'll be making those Thai Chicken Cakes tonight...yum!!
    x Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. Well done. Those meals look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Anne - that is very very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic news Anne. I'd die under the scrutiny of the competition. Even cooking for assessment at chef apprentice school would see me lose my head. Cant wait to see what you come up with for the cook off and yes, keep us posted with how you prepare for your day in the spotlight!
    Di x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That awesome news Anne - congrats! And I'm totally printing your recipe for the baked fish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Anne! That is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne, I'm so excited for you!!!! You must be on cloud 9! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so awesome Anne. I will be there cheering you on in spirit! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...