Monday, June 25, 2012

Only 6 months to Christmas (+ Christmas planners)



Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I can hear you all saying "oh, be quiet Anne" (or words to that affect) but it's true! As Santa is sharpening his tools and the major department stores are sending out their mid year toy sale catalogues, it might be time to take stock and work out a budget for Christmas spending, Christmas party planning and gift making.

[photo source]
The end of the year is always going to be a busy time for me with both of my children's birthdays in November. It also coincides with the end of the school year so that means teacher's presents as well as birthday party organising. After this year birthdays will be every second year for my daughter and then by the time my son is 8, he'll be the same.

[photo source]
I always find I get a little flustered around this time of year. Who doesn't? But I want to make sure that I don't leave it until the last minute and starting to schedule a few tasks now. Nothing wrong with writing a few Christmas cards, planning the birthday parties, presents (for both kid's birthdays and Christmas), looking at when school break up is and planning teacher's gifts, organising a family get together and a small Christmas holiday.

EH Christmas Planner
[photo source]
Here are a few online Christmas planners to use a little bit closer to Christmas but get started scheduling a few things on your calendar and diary, getting the kids to make their wish lists, Santa letters and Christmas decorating ideas. It'll be here soon enough!






There are many more Christmas planning printables on the web, plus gift lists, gift tags, Christmas card printables and plenty of ideas for making your own gifts. Make it your goal to spend as little as possible this Christmas. It's quite challenging but well worth it in the end.

7 comments:

  1. I have to admit I shuddered a little at thinking about Christmas so early! But these planning tools are great and maybe it will help to make things a little less stressful later in the year. My youngest has a November birthday too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's never too early to start planning is it Anne? I'll be spending a little of my offline down time to think about xmas. These links will be a great help! I've already bookmarked free printables and hope to have everything ready early. That's the plan any way :-P Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit it all really does make sense but I still abdicate that the stress & rush of Christmas is all part of what makes the festive season what it is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep...Vanessa got a happy half birthday email from Chuck E. Cheese and her birthday is near Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome planners but....ANNE NOW I'M STRESSED!!! I thought Christmas was a LONG way off! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness, I can't think about this yet!! :) I need several more months yet to procrastinate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas is always on my mind - only 6 months to go :) Woohoo!! Dreaming of a white Christmas, but it's going to a hot one again. Ah well... ;)
    Greetings from Australia♥
    ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.