I'm not normally a breakfast person. Mainly because of the lack of time. I know I could get up a lot earlier and make myself something but I'd rather an extra half hour's sleep over a healthy nutritious breakfast any day. Crazy, huh? I have been eating a lot healthier though and enjoy a lovely bowl of muesli every morning.
Weekends are a different story. I have a family of late sleepers so breakfast could turn into brunch and we have all the time in the world to prepare something a little more exciting. I'm trying to watch my fat intake so thought of doing a breakfast burrito but added some Spanish influenced ingredients. (Well, just whatever I had in the fridge and called it a "Spanish" breakfast burrito.)
Spanish Breakfast Burrito
- tortilla or wrap
- 1 x egg, scrambled (seasoned with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of paprika)
- mushrooms, sauteed
- cheese, grated
- stuffed olives, sliced
- chargrilled capiscum (bell peppers), sliced
- BBQ sauce
- Starting with the scrambled egg, pile all ingredients into the centre of the wrap/tortilla.
- Fold up from the bottom, then fold over the left, then the right.
- Alternatively, you could roll up and toast in a sandwich press for a minute for a crispy finish.
- You could add bacon, chorizo, sausage, onions, spinach, tomatoes, salsa, dips, spreads, whatever you like.