Friday, June 1, 2012

Spanish breakfast burrito


I'm not normally a breakfast person. Mainly because of the lack of time. I know I could get up a lot earlier and make myself something but I'd rather an extra half hour's sleep over a healthy nutritious breakfast any day. Crazy, huh? I have been eating a lot healthier though and enjoy a lovely bowl of muesli every morning.


Weekends are a different story. I have a family of late sleepers so breakfast could turn into brunch and we have all the time in the world to prepare something a little more exciting. I'm trying to watch my fat intake so thought of doing a breakfast burrito but added some Spanish influenced ingredients. (Well, just whatever I had in the fridge and called it a "Spanish" breakfast burrito.)

Spanish Breakfast Burrito

  • tortilla or wrap
  • 1 x egg, scrambled (seasoned with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of paprika)
  • mushrooms, sauteed
  • cheese, grated
  • stuffed olives, sliced
  • chargrilled capiscum (bell peppers), sliced
  • BBQ sauce
  1. Starting with the scrambled egg, pile all ingredients into the centre of the wrap/tortilla.
  2. Fold up from the bottom, then fold over the left, then the right.
  3. Alternatively, you could roll up and toast in a sandwich press for a minute for a crispy finish.
  4. You could add bacon, chorizo, sausage, onions, spinach, tomatoes, salsa, dips, spreads, whatever you like.

17 comments:

  1. Now that's my sort of hot breakfast. Yummmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, now that's a great way to start a morning! LOVE the addition of the olives!

    Please join me at StoneGable for ON THE MENU MONDAY, my weekly foodie/recipe/menu linky party. Linky goes live every Sunday night at 8:00pm. Hope to see you and your recipes there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like making breakfast but I love breakfast foods. So, we have some sort of breakfast dish for dinner once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, it is nice to try something different to the usual. It sounds very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks yum! My hubby might start coming to have breakfast at your place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! What a great idea! My kids love wraps - imagine their delight when I serve them up for breakfast!

    Thanks for linking in with #teamfriday - really appreciate your support.

    Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am salivating just thinking about this. It combines so many of my favourite things. I am also try to eat better at the moment (to get rid of baby weight) I think this would be a yummy breaky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anne,
    We just love a great Breakfast Burrito and your recipe looks awesome! Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids love making these and I love the veggies in yours. Thanks for sharing it on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, this looks lovely, and the olives would be very yummy in there. I am so envious of your late sleepers... poor me!! I've had 15 years of early risers. 6am this morning... I always have a big and usually healthy breakfast... it's easy when you're up so early. How much I'd prefer to sleep in!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Breakfast burritos are such a great way to start the day! I wish I had more time in the morning to make them during the week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am often to managing a blog and i actually appreciate your articles.
    This great article has really peaks my interest. I'm going to bookmark your website and maintain checking for brand spanking new information.
    Also visit my weblog ; Costa Blanca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your
    weblog and in accession

    capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.
    Any way I will

    be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access
    consistently fast.
    My web-site ; darting

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to mention

    that I've truly loved browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing for your rss feed and I hope

    you write again soon!
    Also visit my blog post : http://Simplybeautifulnow.blogspot.ru/2011/08/freshwater-pearl.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great write-up, I am regular visitor of one’s web site, maintain up the

    nice operate, and It's going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time.
    Feel free to visit my blog ruinous

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’m not really a breakfast person too, but I will never ever say no if it's a Mexican dish that is being offered on the table. For me, a burrito is one of best options for breakfast because it has all the carbs and protein I need to keep me going. It's also a kind of take-away food so I can eat while hailing a taxi cab or waiting for the train. =)

    Violet Larson

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really needed a breakfast burrito idea. I need to send my high school to the bus stop with one. Thanks for sharing this on Food of the World.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.