Saturday, July 21, 2012

16 ways to serve a tortilla


Those humble corn or flour Mexican flat breads known as a tortilla (tor-tee-ya) are such a great pantry or freezer standby. There's so many things you can do with them. If you've got the time, they're so easy to make yourself. This is a simple recipe but if you make your own or buy them, here's some fast and delicious ways to use them..


Peanut butter, strawberries, banana & granola wrap

Tortilla bowls
Tortilla soup
Baked tortilla chips
Flautas or tacquitos
Source: ivillage.com via Jane on Pinterest
Soft tacos
Enchiladas or burritos
Chimichangas
Quesadillas
Source: self.com via Cassie on Pinterest
Tortilla pizza
Fruit tortillas
Tortilla stack
Tortilla lasagna
Source: culinary.net via Nancy on Pinterest
Tostada
Toasted wrap
Breakfast tortilla cup

5 comments:

  1. Oh yum now I'm hungry, damn hungry.
    Love tortillas, and they are so cheap and easy to make from scratch and chuck in he freezer. Heck we're due to do a batch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fruit tacos look amazing - I would never have thought to put that in a tortilla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I do love some tacquitos! Yum. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of those! I recently wanted to make myself a bbq chicken pizza on a tortilla shell. I made the bbq chicken but when I went to get the tortillas, my family had eaten all of them! :( They like to put shredded cheese on them and melt it in the microwave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas....I never thought to make fruit tortillas/tacos! You always find the most inspirational and yummy eats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...