Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thriving on Thursday - Linky Party # 29

Domesblissity


If you're still out there, welcome to another Thriving on Thursdays! Thank you all so much for linking up last week. It was such a pleasure to see so many wonderful projects. I might even have something to blog about next week myself with all this time I've got on my hands. Since I've stepped away from social media, I've got hours and hours of time each day to do what's really important to me. Even though the world seems to be running on social media, there is another whole world of people, real people, who know nothing about it and they're worth connecting with. People like my kids and family. They don't have their eyes glued to a computer screen or mobile phone. They've got their eyes glued on me and need me. Anyway, back to the party and these are the most hit links from last week's party.


I'm in love with Pam from Threading my Way, a wonderful Aussie crafting and sewing blogger and these gorgeous denim fabric baskets. After my post on using things around the house to organise your stuff, what could be better than to look at old jeans as a suitable storage solution. Thanks Pam. Love it!


Welcome to Christine from Let's Get Crafty and her inspiring "I Am Enough - The Woman's Creed" was a real hit with my readers last week. If you haven't checked it out, please do. She's summed up a woman's lot in life really well and has put it into a free printable for us to print and put up on the wall, as a reminder to us all just how wonderful we all are. Thanks Christine and thanks for linking up last week!


Courtney from Musings of an im-Perfect Mom is a woman after my own heart with these prettied up 'chip clips'. I always have a couple of pegs in my utensil draw to clamp bags closed but these look so much cuter. I wonder if I stuck the Hello Kitty one on a bag of vegetables, would my fussy 8 year old daughter eat them? Worth a try! Thanks so much Courtney for linking up.

Oh Tash! Be still my beating heart. I've always been a lover of doll's houses and Tash from Little Ladybird shows us how to make one from a simple 4 square shelf cube. Oh, its so cute and so are all the little bits of furniture and stuff to fill the house. My daughter hasn't been into dolls as much as I was when I was a young girl but there's still time to change her mind. Thanks Tash. This is just beautiful.


No wonder Jess from Life's Simple Measures stays so thin while baking all these wonderful sweet treats. She's a runner and had a wonderful time at a recent 'Colour Run' and shared some fantastic photos as well as another outstanding recipe in these Blueberry Cheesecake Bars. No Thriving on Thursday linky party is complete without a recipe from Jess. Thanks again Jess for linking up. Have all of these ingredients and they'll be made as soon as I can find the nearest fun run! (Sorry to my US readers but here in Australia we spell colour with a 'u' and I just can't bring myself to drop the 'u'.)


Domesblissity


Thank you everyone for linking up. Feel free to grab a 'featured' button if you like. If you've got a recipe, craft, sewing project, linky party announcement or anything else, feel free to link it up. We'd love to see what you've got. Have a great week!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting ... Your Social Media Detox sounds like a wonderful idea! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne - How gorgeous are those denim bags! I so have to give that one a go. Thaks so much for having us and I hope you are having a fabulous week hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Anne! Thank you for hosting such a lovely party. I, too, love the doll house idea! -Marci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the feature and your kind words, Anne. I'd have a lot more time if I stayed away from Facebook. Have a great week and thanks for hosting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the feature Anne! Yes, never too late to change your daughter's mind! I'm going to do a different version for my son using the same type of shelf, so stay tuned :) Thanks for hosting your party, Tash

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so hosting Anne! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear ya, one can tweet their life away.... though I don't spend much time on social media I don't seem to have much extra time. I think I spend too much time driving, nothing is closer than 20 minutes to me, but it is nice to be in the woods. Have a lovely weekend, thanks for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No recipe from me this week, but hope to do one next week and link up! Great reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful collections!

    Thank you for hosting this blog hop again (already your follower). Listed here, where you can also join more blog hops at Wednesday Blog Hops Directory.

    The Quiet Mom blogging @ Spaghetti with Meatballs Recipe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.