I can remember my good friend Claire telling me about a microwave slice recipe and I was positive I kept a copy of it but couldn't find it anywhere especially when I had company coming for afternoon tea and I needed something to feed the kids. I did a quick Google search and found this one on Best Recipes.
This is the perfect recipe for the busy Mum or for the kids to make up. (Just be careful when it comes out of the microwave as its very hot.)
3 Minute Microwave Chocolate Slice
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 150g butter, melted
- Mix all ingredients together in a microwave dish that will double as the slice dish. No need to grease the dish.
- Cook on medium high for 3 minutes. (I had an 1100w microwave and cooked mine for 2 minutes 30 seconds and checked then I cooked for a further 30 seconds.)
- Allow to cool slightly and ice with a simple icing of icing sugar, cocoa and milk. Top with sprinkles if desired.
- Omit cocoa
- Add sultanas, nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips
- Serve uniced or with a drizzle of melted chocolate