Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Vintage Brooch Display


I inherited quite a few of my Nanna's old vintage brooches when she passed away and I had a couple brooches of my own I like wearing from time to time as well. I used to just keep them in a container tucked away in a drawer until I saw something on Pinterest that prompted me to put them out on display.

 
 

Through recent decluttering efforts I came across a glass bowl that a dear family friend gave me a long time ago. It's been used for many things over the years but I thought it would be perfect to hold a 'posie' of vintage brooches as above.


What you'll need is a suitable dish, fibre filling (or even fabric stuffed into a ball), scrap fabric and a doilly to wrap it all in.


It's just a matter of wrapping fabric around the stuffing and then the doilly around that and stuffing in a bowl. The doilly works well to clip the brooches on and off.


Add your brooches and you're done. I think the more the better.

14 comments:

  1. What a pretty display! I've been collecting brooches too (I got some my grandmother) and love seeing their fun colors. This is a great way to see them more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bunch of flower is so cool. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome. I love the bunch of "flowers" too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's lovely. I have granny brooches but from someone else's grannies (vintage shops and eBay!) and I think I might just do this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful, I love those vintage brooches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I was already a follower until I clicked on your link whoops! I love this brooch bouquet so pretty!! Love your instagram pics too :) hope I don't flood your feed to much haha I just loveeeee instagram!

    Steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I also saw on pinterest that someone made a wreath out them so they were always on display too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty way to display your lovely brooches!Thanks for sharing your sparkle with us at TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea! I have made a nosegay with them before but love this idea even better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm such a sucker for vintage brooches, I just brought home ANOTHER one today! (it was a beetle with pearls, cuter than it sounds!) Great idea for displaying them.

    www.makinglemonadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a collection of brooches that I have pinned onto a wedding pillow. I love yours and the idea on how to display them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous display, Anne! I LOVE it...very classy yet simple!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.