Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012



I'd like to take this opportunity to wish each and everyone who visits Domesblissity a very Merry Christmas and to thank you all for visiting me here in this small part of the blogosphere all year.

We'll be having a nice quiet Christmas with my sister after she's finished her shift at the hospital. The chidren's father is here this morning to be with the kids while they open their presents and I like it like that. It's all for them. This will be our first Christmas without Mum but I'm sure she'll be watching, making sure we've got enough food for everyone and in case anyone pops in.

I had a busy lead up to Christmas but not with Christmas related stuff. It was all personal stuff and I got through it. I started to feel a bit lacking of Christmas spirit because I didn't bake one single thing or make one single handmade gift (maybe one or two here or there). I don't have anyone else to give gifts for except my children and my sister so I got out of that expense 'scott free'.

Nonetheless, we saw our fair share of Christmas lights, the kids ate their fair share of candy canes, they got to see Santa after all and we remembered the 'reason for the season'.

I hope you all have a wonderful time relaxing with your friends and family and I'll be back in a day or so with a Christmas wrap up.

With much love,

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Anne!

    Sorry I've been a tad busy to link up lately. But finished the last of my Christmas crafting (well, almost lol), so hopefully see you on your next Thriving :).

    And happy 2013!

    Danya xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anne ! And a Merry Christmas to you too :-) {I still miss my Mom, passed away in 2000, and my Dad, in 2008 - but I also believe they are watching over us... that is what parents do, no matter where they are, in this world or the next}

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very merry Christmas to you Anne. It sounds like it will be a good one. As you say it's all about he kids. Sorry you are missing ou mum this year. Theses times really highlight a loved one is missing.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! Enjoy your nice warm weather! There is going to be a high of 12 here on Christmas! Soooo cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas, Anne to you and your children! This year the holidays will no doubt be hard in many ways, but it sounds like you are managing to get through pretty well in spite of everything. I hope 2013 will be good to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.