Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year and welcome to 2013!

Rbatmumugus_large
source

I'm excited folks. A new year and a new start. That's not to say you can't make a fresh start at any old day of the year. I'd been trying to do that all of 2012. Each day was a fresh start and all I did was try to make it through the day. The 1st of January is my blogiversary and I'm in to my third year of blogging now. I use this time to evaluate where I am in my life and what I'd like to be doing. As the kids are now coming into their 9th and 7th years, its about time I started thinking about me a bit more.

As far as the blog goes, I did try to think about what I wanted to do with it and which direction I wanted to take it but you know what? I'm kind of just happy where it is right now. As soon as I start thinking about marketing and PR, statistics etc I lose track of what the blog means to me. I'll happily continue to "plog" (combination of plod and blog) along and see where it takes me.


Thriving on Thursday will continue as well as 'sage' advice on homemaking tips and frugal, fast and easy recipes. There might be another weekly feature or two along the way. I'll see how it goes. I'd also like to get a little sewing/craft area set up and get back to some serious sewing and crafting. I found that to be such a creative outlet over the years and something I've sorely missed. I'm one of these people though if it's not all set up properly, I'm not inclined to do it. I can't stand the mess that goes with it.

As far as my personal life goes, I've got to either think about 15 hours study or work per week. I have to factor in the children's school life with that and I'm not too keen about before/after school and vacation care but I'll do what I have to do. What I want to do is the question? What does a 48 (nearly 49) year old woman with primary school aged children want to start at this point of her life? I've been thinking about it for a while and I have a couple of options. I'll just have to see how I feel at the time. No point planning too far down the road.

Tumblr_mfttv7gxi11s1aswio1_400_large
source
To all my loyal followers, Happy New Year and I hope all your dreams come true. Here's to another fantabulous year together.

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too Anne! I hope that you have a wonderful 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year & Happy Blogiversary Anne! Congratulations on creating such a vibrant space on the internet where like-minded people can get together and share great ideas.
    Plogging clearly has been successful for you and I say if it aint broke - don't fix it!
    Wishing you every happiness in 2013 and hoping that your dreams (whatever they may be) come true!
    D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Bloggiversary! Can't wait to see your crafty area set up. I'm much the same in taking each new day as a chance for change. Cheers to more new days and changes x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Bloggiversary and Happy New Year! I just love your blog! Can't wait to see what you create this year!!

    XOXO
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about studying to become a teacher? That way you are guaranteed to have school holidays off? I knew a few Mums of school kiddos who have gone back to Uni to do that to work 'school terms'. Give it a thought. M xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary, Happy New Year, I hope you find what you're looking for. It's challenging trying to do what we need to do without taking from our children. My kids still beg me not to go to work in the evenings, even though I've been doing it their whole life. It often breaks my heart but the reality is, their life could be a hell of a lot worse, and that's what I need to remind myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.