Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Sessions - School Days


Its time for another Sunday Sessions over at Cass Can Sew and with only one more day after today before school starts I thought I'd share some of the songs that remind me of my school days. I'd be here forever so I'll do one from my primary school years, one from the high school years and one that my children sing along to now (and I hope won't be the one that reminds them of their school days).

Primary School Years - 1969 to 1975




This was a toss up between David Essex (the biggest love of my life when I was 11 years old) and Bay City Rollers. They were my One Direction. I thought if I posted a Bay City Rollers song you may not like me anymore!

High School Years - 1976 to 1979


So many songs remind me of high school during this period. People like ABBA, KISS, Frank Zappa, the disco songs. My high school had a radio club and every break the Ian Dury and the Blockheads song "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick" was played.

My children's school years - 2010 to .....




What can I say?

Check out what everyone else is listening to this Sunday Sessions at Cass Can Sew.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Anne...I forget that you're a day ahead of us! Thankyou for your wonderful comment on my new post! I haven't blogged again for two months and I have to get back to it. I appreciate your continued support and love. You're a GOOD friend. I have SO much catching up to do on all of my friends blogs. I know I have missed some terrific posts from you. I'll join you again on Thursdays party too. Luv you my dear friend!!! Nann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I remember all those songs. I had a crush on Rick Springfield. :0 How old would he be now! ...of and I loved "hurt so good" ...not really a song you want your ten year screaming/singing at the top of her lungs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night! The only Bay City Rollers song I remember, but I do remember tartan and sneakers. My husband immediately recognised the Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick song and I plan on downloading the last one for my walking playlist. Excellent choices Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a child I used to laugh at Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick - great song. The song from my primary school years would probably be Agadoo while the song from my high school years would have to be If I Could by 1927 - they were my Bay City Rollers! Kirsty @ My Home Truths

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember skating along dancing to Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick. We had a pretty good dance made up to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm a bit before my time lol !

    Dropping by from Sunday Session!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a little too young for David Essex, hit me with your rhythm stick on the other hand - legendary! I have never heard the last song, but that's not unusual, I don't listen to music radio anymore. It's sounds like a pretty good tune though!
    Hope your head is above water up there. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know "hit me with your rhythm stick" but not the other two. And our kids go back tomorrow. I've loved having them home but love that it's back to school time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anne, what a great walk down memory lane. I know that I remember events of the past based on what was playing on the radio!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha! Hit me wiff your rhyffm stick! :D What a classic cringey kinda song.
    I love your theme this week Anne, it's always good to get to know a bit more about someone via the music they listen/ed to.
    So sorry for my late reply... as you know, it's been a crazy week!
    Hope to see you link up again tomorrow lovely x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.